Medical Imaging Assistant (Ultrasound)
- 1 year Program.
- SBTE approved Curriculum followed.
Learning And Teaching Strategies
- Skill labs
- Clinical Practice (Supervised/Independent)
Students of TIPHS have an exclusive advantage to be a part of an organization with the large setup of tertiary care hospitals. The clinical training provides a better chance of learning and practicing the skills in the field hence, prepares future technician to play an important role in the improvement of healthcare quality in society.
- Program: Medical Imaging Assistant (Ultrasound)
- Program Type: Condensed
- Duration: 1 year
- Level: Certified
- Study: Full time
- Eligibility: Matric (Biology)
- Attendance: 70% Attendance is compulsory
- Eligibility: The candidate must secure fifty percent (50%) in Theory & Practical as per Curriculum
- Age Limit: 35 years for males and females including Govt employees (no lower age limit)
- Syllabus: SBTE Approved Curriculum
- Total training hours: 400
- Course: Semester Based
- Total semesters 2-Semesters
- Semester duration: 6 months per semester
Minimum Degree Requirements: This program comprises a minimum of 624 training hours.
Scops:The overall understanding of health system would help AHPs to relate their own performance with the objectives and performance of their parent department. This would also help them to better integrate with the teams of health professionals of which they would be integral part.
Ensure that the X-Ray films of the patients from wards are sent to the wards as
as Radiologist has written the report.
PreventiveEnsure safe custody of all the accessories of the X-Ray unit of which s/ he is in charge. Keeps the X-Ray rooms locked when not in use. Understand and observes health and safety precautions/instructions for self and others protection. Wears dosimeter during duty. Ensure that cardiac and respiratory stimulants are at hand, whenever any special investigation with contrast media is being undertaken.
GeneralEnsures that the unit is not misused. Confirms that the unit and the room where it is installed are cleaned at the commencenment and the termination of work and additionally if required.
That daily account of the X-Ray films expended is kept by making entries in the Stock Book and whenever, film packets are taken out of the stores. Learns new techniques and technologies as required by professional bodies. Imparts appropriate training to students and other staff.